Bashneftegeofizika JSC is the largest domestic oil service enterprise with more than 80-year history. It is a group of high-tech companies specializing in a wide range of logging aimed at development and operation of oil and gas deposits.
Discovery of Ishimbay oil deposits in the territory of Bashkiria in 1932 and commencement of fields development in the Volga and Ural Oil-and-Gas Province marked the beginning of the Russian geophysics development and became the year of the enterprise establishment. In the early thirties Vostokneft Trust (Sverdlovsk) performed geophysical works in the territory of the Republic. By 1931 three one-crew teams had been engaged as well. The first of them, the magnetic team, (Head - V.P. Orlov), performed reconnaissance survey of the magnetic field vertical component using Schmidt magnetic variometer with 1.5x10-15 km network.
The pilot gravimetric team of Vostokneft Trust Geological Exploration Office (Head of the team - V.M. Navtrotskiy) performed survey of the gravity field vertical component using Bamberg Z-variometer in the territory of Ishimbay Region. The third one was the seismic team, headed by S.S. Zhukov, employing the seismic refraction method.
Due to rapid progress of the oil industry in Bashkiria, Bashneft Trust was established in 1935, and the Geological Exploration Office (GEO) was formed as its part. In April 1938 the first target cluster was organized at the GEO geophysical shop for summarizing and scientific analysis of the geophysical works performed, using drilling results, preparing drilling recommendations. In 1939 the Geological Exploration Office was incorporated in Ishimbayneft Trust, which was subsequently reorganized as Bashkiria Geological Exploration Trust of the Oil Industry Chief Administration, People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry. V.D. Sapozhnikov was appointed as the Trust Manager . By that time the geophysical shop included thirteen field and one logging team. The latter employed V.D. Shashin, the future Minister of the USSR Oil Industry, first as a technician and then as the crew leader. By 1940 organizational development of the Geophysical Service in Bashkiria was finally complete. The State Eastern Electrical Prospecting Trust was established in Ufa. A year after, the Trust was incorporated in the Geophysical Trust as its Eastern Division. During the Great Patriotic War, the Geophysics of Bashkiria performed a large scope of research, improved operational quality and efficiency. Almost all forecasts of geophysicists made within this period were fully confirmed by drilling. Major oil fields, such as Kinzebulatovskoye, Tuymazinskoye, Bavlinskoye, etc., were discovered.
In 1950 the entire Geophysical Service of Bashkiria was united as Bashneftegeofizika State Union Geophysical Trust.
The seismic prospecting data obtained in 1949-1954 were used by Bashneft Association when locating wells in Chekmagushevskaya, Yugomashevskaya, Chetyrmanovskaya, Turbaslinskaya and Zagorskaya areas. Rich oil fields were discovered as a result of these wells drilling. In 50s and early 60s the Trust carried out large scopes of electrometric survey and gravity prospecting. The reef area along the Western cutoff part of the Pre-Urals trough was studied based on the data of these methods package. In the same years an efficient package of seismic prospecting methods - correlation seismic refraction method, reflection method, controlled directional reception and borehole seismology was further elaborated. The southernmost part of the Bashkir Urals was studied in detail using this package, electrical gravity prospecting data was also used.
Bashneftegeofizika, the country's oldest geophysical enterprise, made a dominating contribution to establishment of geophysical services in a number of regions of the country. Bugulminskaya well-logging service company was reorganized as Tatneftegeofizika Trust in 1953. Tyumenneftegeofizika Trust was established in 1964 as part of the Ural Geophysical Expedition. Seismic prospecting and field geophysical expeditions specially established to perform works in Belorussia were united as Belorusneftegeofizika Trust in 1968.
In different years specialists of Bashneftegeofizika worked in European, Asian and African countries.
In the first half of 60s, when computers came into existence, there was a switch to information digital processing and registration.
In 1976 the well-logging service office was organized in Ufa. In 1979 the Bashkir Expedition was established to work on a rotational basis in West Siberia.
Following the results of geophysical works performed in the territory of Bashkiria, more than 80 oil and gas fields were discovered.
Since 1986 Bashneftegeofizika commenced seismic prospecting in West Siberia and in the Near Arctic. In 1987 Bashneftegeofizika Trust was reorganized as Bashneftegeofizika Production Association.
The 90s in the twentieth century were one of the most challenging periods for the enterprise. The Post-Perestroika Period with its change in the political and social system led to new economic and business relations establishment.
In 1993 Bashneftegeofizika Joint-Stock Company was established on the basis of Bashneftegeofizika Production Association.
In 1994 re-equipping of seismic prospecting with modern computers and extensive software development library was commenced. Their use enabled processing of huge data amount, computerizing of interpretation, switching to solution of such important tasks as fields simulation and their development process monitoring.
In 1996 Bashneftegeofizika Production Association was reorganized as an Open Joint Stock Company.
The first step to the modern structure of Bashneftegeofizika JSC was the decision to acquire the Taimyr Geophysical Expedition in 2004.
In 2008 the Bashkir geophysics enterprises were united, the consolidation process was completed, Russia's only geophysical research and production cluster within a single company was established in Ufa. Business units, Exploration and Oilfield Geophysics Directorates, were formed. ISO: 9001 international certificate of conformity was obtained for three quality standards: management, safety and environment.
In 2009 the company acquired Center of Research and Production LLC.
Anega LLC was consolidated in 2012, and amalgamation of training centers into Geofizika Training and Research Center Non-State Educational Institution Corporate University was complete.
In 2012 a new business line was established, namely the Directional and Horizontal Drilling Department, providing high-quality services for telemetry and technical process support for directional and horizontal wells drilling.
Today, Bashneftegeofizika JSC employs approximately 6 thousand workers, the enterprise has a high research potential - 35 employees of the company are Candidates of Science and 18 are Doctors of Science.
1931 – 3 teams of VOSTOKNEFT Trust work in the territory of Bashkiria: magnetic, gravimetric and seismic.
1935 – Bashneft Trust comprising the geophysical shop (6 teams) was established.
1939 – Bashkiria Geological Exploration Trust (BGT) was organized as a part of Ishimbayneft Trust.
1943 – Bashkiria Logging and Perforation Base was organized in Ishimbay.
1950 – Bashneftegeofizika State Union Geophysical Trust of Bashkiria was organized.
1987 – Bashneftegeofizika Trust was reorganized as Bashneftegeofizika Production Association.
1993 – Bashneftegeofizika Joint Stock Company was established on the basis of Bashneftegeofizika Production Association as a result of privatization.
1996 – Bashneftegeofizika Production Association was reorganized as an Open Joint Stock Company.
2004 – Taimyr Geophysical Expedition was acquired.
2008 – Bashkir geophysics enterprises were united, the consolidation process was completed, Russia's only geophysical research and production cluster within a single company was established. Business units, Exploration and Field Geophysics Directorates, were formed.
ISO: 9001 international certificate of conformity was obtained for three quality standards: management, safety and environment.
2009 – Research and Production Center LLC was acquired.
2012 – Anega LLC was consolidated, and amalgamation of training centers into Geofizika Training and Research Center Non-State Educational Institution Corporate University was complete. A new business line - Directional and Horizontal Drilling Department - was established.